SPOON Magazine encourages you to share your perspective, comments, insight, opinion, and analysis of content on the website.
In this regard, SPOON Magazine has prepared this submissions policy (the “Submissions Policy”) which sets out acceptable conduct in respect of your online submissions to the website.
The website include interactive features that allow you to post, submit, transmit, upload, and publish online messages and content that SPOON Magazine and other users may view on the website (collectively, the “Interactive Features”), and to upload files, documents, stories, articles, images, materials, software, and other information, including without limitation, print, photo, video, and other media submissions (collectively, the “Submissions”).
It is a condition of your use of any of the Interactive Features on the website that you do not:
- post, submit, transmit, upload, or publish any unlawful, offensive, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, derogatory, discriminative, exploitative, or indecent information in the Submissions of any kind, including without limitation, any Submissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, municipal, regional, provincial, state, national, or international laws, statutes, bylaws, ordinances, and regulations;
- post, submit, transmit, upload, or publish any information in the Submissions that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, intolerance, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual, could be harmful to minors, harasses or advocates harassment of another person, provides material that exploits people under the age of 19 years of age in a sexual or violent manner, provides instructional information about illegal activities or practices, including without limitation, the making or buying of illegal weapons and devices;
- post, submit, transmit, upload, or publish any information in the Submissions which violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material which is a breach of or invasion of privacy, misappropriation of personality or publicity rights, or which is protected by any registered or unregistered intellectual property rights, including without limitation, copyright, patent, trade-mark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights, or derivative works with respect thereto, without duly obtaining the express prior written consent or permission from the owner or holder of such intellectual property rights;
- post, submit, transmit, upload, or publish information in the Submissions which solicits passwords or personal information about identifiable individuals for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- post, submit, transmit, upload, or publish any information in the Submissions which contains a virus or other harmful component or software detrimental to the function of computer hardware and software;
- post, submit, transmit, upload, or publish junk mail, chain letters, unsolicited mass mailing, or spam in any information in the Submissions, including without limitation, for the purposes of any advance-fee fraud, 419 scam, Ponzi scheme, pump and dump stock fraud schemes, hype and dump manipulation, or other flim flam scheme;
- use any of the website for commercial purposes, including without limitation, to post, submit, transmit, upload, or publish information in the Submissions which contains illustration, art, promotion, marketing, and advertising for any commercial or business purposes, including without limitation, for the purposes of contests, sweepstakes, lotteries, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes; and
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the website, interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper workings of the website, or do anything which in the opinion of SPOON Magazine, in its sole and absolute discretion, imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large burden on the infrastructure of the website.
By posting, submitting, transmitting, uploading, or publishing the Submissions to the website, you grant to SPOON Magazine the right and perpetual royalty-free licence to copyright and use, reuse, publish, republish, copy, edit, digitally manipulate, store, retrieve, broadcast, and incorporate the Submissions in whole or in part (alone or collectively with other materials) without restriction throughout the World through any and all media, including without limitation, print, photographs, video, magazines, newspapers, books, custom publications, e-newsletters, directories, catalogues, brochures, and any and all online website, including without limitation, or otherwise on the Internet, and through any other electronic medium presently in existence or to be invented in the future for illustration, art, promotion, marketing, advertising, trade, business, or any other purpose of SPOON Magazine whatsoever, as determined in the sole and absolute discretion of SPOON Magazine, including without limitation, to use and licence the Submissions to third parties.
By posting, submitting, transmitting, uploading, or publishing the Submissions to the website, you release and forever discharge SPOON Magazine and its broadcast and event sponsors, affiliates, subsidiaries, insurers, representatives, directors, officers, employees, servants, agents, successors, and assigns, including without limitation, any and all print or online magazine publications of any kind, including without limitation, any and all commercial general liability, liability, and property insurers of SPOON Magazine of any kind (collectively, the “Releasees”) of and from any and all manner of suits, proceedings, damages, claims, demands, costs, expenses, judgments, and liabilities of whatsoever kind and howsoever arising, known or unknown, whether at law or in equity, which you now have or hereafter shall or may have against the Releasees for or by reason of any matter, cause, or thing in connection with any kind of loss, damages, or injury whatsoever arising from or out of the grant of the Submissions or the use of the Submissions by SPOON Magazine at any time, howsoever occasioned, including without limitation, any and all claims for misappropriation of personality, defamation, libel, or breach of or invasion of privacy.
SPOON Magazine does not accept or permit use of the Interactive Features or the posting, submitting, transmitting, uploading, or publishing of the Submissions to the website by children under 13 years of age. If you are between 13 years of age and 18 years of age, by posting, submitting, transmitting, uploading, or publishing the Submissions to the website, you acknowledge, agree, and hereby represent and warrant to SPOON Magazine that you have obtained the express prior consent or permission of your parent or legal guardian to the posting, submitting, transmitting, uploading, or publishing of the Submissions.
Review and Removal of Submissions
By posting, submitting, transmitting, uploading, or publishing the Submissions to the website, you acknowledge and agree that SPOON Magazine may review the Submissions before they are posted and may refuse, in its sole and absolute discretion, to post any of the Submissions to the website. SPOON Magazine hereby reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, revise, edit, modify, delete, or remove any of the Submissions, whether or not any of the information in the Submissions is in violation of this Submissions Policy, in whole or in part. You acknowledge and agree that while SPOON Magazine is under obligation to investigate any complaint regarding any of the Submissions, it may, in its sole and absolute discretion, investigate complaints and take any actions it deems appropriate in the circumstances, including without limitation, revising, editing, modifying, deleting, or removing any of the Submissions from the website.
SPOON Magazine and its Affiliates are committed to adopting and maintaining appropriate measures and safeguards to ensure the confidentiality of your Personal Information and to protect against any loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, copying, use, modification, or disclosure. SPOON Magazine exercises care in the secure transmission of your Personal Information; however, no transmission of Personal Information over the Internet is 100% secure. SPOON Magazine is unable to guarantee that Personal Information collected, used, or disclosed through the medium of the Internet cannot be intercepted by third parties.
Requests for Access to Personal Information
SPOON Magazine is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of any of the Submissions. The Submissions represent the views and opinions of the person(s) posting the Submissions and do not represent the views or opinions of SPOON Magazine.
By posting, submitting, transmitting, uploading, or publishing the Submissions to the website, you acknowledge and agree that SPOON Magazine has the right to reproduce, broadcast, publish, and publicize those comments or any part thereof in any manner whatsoever in accordance with this Submissions Policy.